THE ACADÉMIE DE PHILATÉLIE IS ENGAGED IN MANY ACTIVITIES
Events open to non-members
- Exhibitions organised by the Academy or supported by it
- The "Journées de l'Académie" (public meetings).
- Les séances publiques : one of the Academy’s regular monthly meetings open to the public.
- Les publications : our journal "Documents Philatéliques", and books we publish.
- Les "Prix annuels de l'Académie de philatélie" : literature award, philatelic award and website award.
- Many of our members publish articles or books in the philatelic press and that of various societies both in France and abroad (See Members)
- They take a regular part in local, regional, national and international displays and exhibitions, whether as exhibitors, jurors or giving talks. Those who would like one or more of our members to give a display or talk at a philatelic event or regional meeting can simply make such a request giving several months’ notice if possible. A summary of recent subjects presented at Academy only meetings can be found at "Conférences mensuelles".
- Many of our members are willing to reply to philatelic queries by email.
Events exclusive to members
Monthly meetings (except in July and August) in Paris: a resume of recent philatelic events, a presentation of new philatelic books (with brief reviews and discussions), a display of around one hour as advised in advance by one the Academy members. At each meeting one of our members presents a highlight item of the month in a talk of around 10 minutes on a subject of his choice (an unusual item, a problem, something previously unrecorded or simply humorous)
An annual dinner linked to one of the events with which the Academy is involved.
The journées communes Joint meetings with foreign Academies or important societies
Publication of an Academy monthly letter (except in July and August) for members Activities available to subscribers to "Documents Philatéliques"
The quarterly "La Lettre trimestrielle de Documents Philatéliques" repeats a part of "La Lettre mensuelle de l'Académie de philatélie" (recently published books with reviews,
articles in foreign journals received by the Academy and advice of forthcoming national and international exhibitions. It is sent by email to all subscribers to "Documents Philatéliques".